FAULTS : Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.
• General appearance : Light, weedy, leggy appearance. Light in bone and muscle.
• Head : Hound-type head. Narrow, light, too short, long or coarse head. Flat forehead (lack of stop or too little stop).
• Foreface : Long or pointed muzzle; split nose; Roman nose (convex nasal bridge) or dish-faced (concave nasal bridge); acquiline nose; pale or spotted nose (butterfly nose).
• Lips : Pendulous, pink or patchy; corner of lips visible.
• Jaws : Narrow lower jaw.
• Bite : Pincer bite.
• Cheeks : Strongly protruding.
• Eyes : Light, deep set. Also too full and round eyes; loose eyelids.
• Ears : Set on too low, heavy, long, slack or turned backwards. Also flying ears or ears not carried symmetricaly.
• Neck : Too long, thin, lacking muscle. Showing dewlap or throaty.
• Body : Too long, too short or too narrow.
• Back : Too long, weak; sway back or roach back.
• Croup : Too sloping, too short, too flat or too long.
• Chest : Flat-ribbed or barrel-shaped. Too narrow behind.
• Tail : Set on too high or too low.
• Forequarters : Narrow or crooked front legs. Steep shoulder placement. Loose or out at elbow. Too long, too short or too straight in upper arm. Weak or steep pastern. Splayed feet. Too flat or too arched toes. Deformed toes. Light coloured nails.
• Hindquarters : Flat thighs, hocks too close, cow hocks or barrel hocks. Joints with too little or too much angulation. Dewclaws.
• Skin : Wrinkles on head.
• Coat : Soft, too short or long. Wavy coat; lack of undercoat.
• Colour : Markings of incorrect colour, not clearly defined.
Markings which are too spread out.
ELIMINATING FAULTS :
• Behaviour : Anxious, shy, cowardly, gun-shy, vicious, excessively suspicious, nervous animals.
• General : Distinct reversal of sexual type, i.e. feminine dogs or masculine bitches.
• Teeth : Overshot or undershot bite, wry mouth; lack of one incisive tooth, one canine, one premolar or one molar.
• Eyes : Entropion, ectropion, yellow eyes, different coloured eyes.
• Tail : Kink tail, ring-tail, with strong lateral deviation.
• Hair : Definitely long or wavy coat.
• Colour : Dogs which do not show the typical Rottweiler colouring of black with tan markings. White markings.
Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.
N.B. : Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.